Saturday, September 30, 2006

Just Say NO! to ELMO!



Anyone else with me? AM I the only SANE person left on the planet? (That statement actually makes even me snicker...me...sane...hahaha)

Who in their right mind would pay more than retail ($100+ on ebay for a doll worth 39CDN, and even that is too much) for some friggin annoying toy that will end up in the bottom of the toy box after about a week AFTER driving the PARENTS around the bend. It'd be cute for like the first time , but I am pretty sure after like the third time singing and smacking itself silly, you'd be fit to burn the thing. Twice.

Wait a few weeks and there will be a gazillion on shelves in time for Christmas. They might even go on sale.

On the other side, the JERKS who buy a gazillion of them, only to charge obscene amounts to the desperate parents who will buy it. I have a suggestion for you: why don't you take a couple of your stash and donate it to a children's hospital or even an orphanage or safe house for the abused. Do something right with it. Money isn't everything.

As for my three kids, they will do without. And be better for it.

I'll put my soap box away now.

No comments: