Sunday, July 30, 2006

"Where you can take off your sneakers and give up the race"

Okay, the morning after. Not so great. Especially when you hit the pillow at 3am and your husband wakes you at 7:30am so we can all go to breakfast. Oh happy day. With three small children in tow...who will make me pay for not tucking them in the night before. Hold me back.

It was worth it. We had a blast. We were dressed to nines and ready for fun. And fun is what we had. The bar was jammed packed as usual and the band played well and had everyone hopping. These guys play a great mix of maritime, 70's and 80's music. A bit of everything. The maritime stuff is my favorite. If you have never heard Barette's Privateers or Sonny's Dream, your missing out. Awesome drinking/stomping music.

We made it there by 7pm, made our way to our reserved booth by the band's stage and ordered drinks and food. (Which some of us, apparently had trouble keeping in our mouths...(ha B!!) I kicked the evening off with the ultimate girlie drink, a Cosmo of course. After a couple of those, a long island for nostalgia, a few blow job shooters and an infinite number of rum and gingers (my signature drink), proving my Irish/Scottish by way of NFLD heritage, I was only a slightly loopy and having a ball. Great conversation, (most of which I can not post here...hehe) the girls and I laughed and sang and danced our hearts out.

I don't care who you are, one of the best things about going out is people watching. I am amazed at the amount of women who don't have a friggin clue how to dress. It was fun to comment on the lack of common sense some of these girls have. Like when you wear a long tunic shirt, your skirt should be more than a half inch longer than the shirt. Under NO circumstances should you EVER wear running shoes with a skirt, same goes for ugly cut out shiny black heels with shorts. Also if your "girls" are larger than a B, wear a bra for pete's sake. Also NEVER ever grind or dirty dance to Maritime music..its just not right. And Guys, whats with the bloody flip flops. Not a fan, not a fan.

Until next time my dear friends....October that is when Signall Hill is back at Gracies...and then again in December....We will be there. Its tradition now.

No pics though, I forgot my camera.

I have a date with my feather pillow now. Cheers!

No comments: