Wednesday, August 16, 2006

No Rabbit is Safe.



It was a nice sunny evening and we thought it would be a nice idea to take the kids and the dog for a walk. They were wild ones today and needed some energy burned off.

After I shimmy the baby in the sling, leash the dog (not the kids although some days I am tempted) get the kids suited up with helmets and bikes, we are off.

We make our way to the creek in our neighbourhood as the kids really like to go on the bridge and try and spot critters in the creek and on the banks.

Today my husband spots a brown rabbit. The boy and the girl are excitedly motioning for me to come and see it. The creature is as still as a statue. The boy decides he wishes to go down to the creek and pick up the rabbit. I tell him it will run away if he tries to go down. My husband tells him he wouldn't want to catch it because its a wild animal and will claw and bite.

The boy thinks hard for a minute...."What if I had a gun?"

No comments: